Crown roast of pork and cranberry-beet chutney with maple and rosemary
1 h 15
8 to 10
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 fresh crown roast of pork
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) garlic powder
125 ml (1/2 cup) Dijon mustard
1 shallot, finely chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper
625 g (1 1/4 lb.) baby potatoes
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
500 ml (2 cups) onions, thinly sliced
750 ml (3 cups) cranberries
500 ml (2 cups) fresh beets, peeled and grated
250 ml (1 cup) orange juice
125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine, aromatic and robust
250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Let the roast sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, mustard, shallot, parsley and thyme. Set aside.
- In a large roasting pan, place the meat and brush with the mixture obtained in the previous step. Season generously.
- Place the potatoes around the meat.
- Cook in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the meat thermometer reads 68°C (145°F) in the centre.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sweat the onion for 3 minutes (without browning).
- Add the cranberries, beets, orange juice and red wine. Let simmer covered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and rosemary, and continue cooking for 15 minutes uncovered. Set aside.
- When the meat has fi nished cooking, take out of the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the crown roast with the cranberry-beet chutney, potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.