1 h 40 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
675 g (1 1/2 lb.) veal stewing cubes
45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
1 celery stalk, cut into pieces
250 ml (1 cup) rutabaga, peeled and cut into pieces
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
2 potatoes, cut into quarters
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) beef bouillon
1 large tomato, seeds removed and diced
1 bay leaf
1 small bundle of fresh rosemary or 15 ml (1 tbsp.) dried rosemary
500 ml (2 cups) green beans
Quarter of green cabbage, cut into pieces
- Place flour on a plate and season.
- Coat veal cubes with flour and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, carrots, celery and rutabaga. Season and set aside.
- In the same sauce-pan, melt butter and brown veal cubes.
- Add sautéed veggies and potatoes.
- Pour in bouillon and add tomato.
- Bring to a boil, add bay leaf and rosemary.
- Let simmer for 1 1/2 hours over low heat or in the oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Add green beans and cabbage 15 minutes before end of cooking time.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.