Shredded duck poutine from chez victor
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 duck legs confit, skinless and shredded (homemade or store bought)
Oil for frying (peanut or canola)
30 mL (2 tbsp) butter, softened
30 mL (2 tbsp) flour
125 mL (1/2 cup) port
1 grey shallot, finely chopped
250 mL (1 cup) demi-glace
250 mL (1 cup) duck stock
500 mL (2 cups) cheese curds
Salt and freshly ground pepper
6 Russet or Idaho potatoes*
- Heat the oil to 150°C (300°F) in a deep fryer or a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Place the shredded duck in a baking dish and warm in the oven.
- Using a spoon, combine the butter and flour in a bowl to make a beurre manié.
- In a small saucepan, boil the port with the shallot until the liquid has completely evaporated. Pour in the demi-glace sauce and duck stock, and bring to a boil. Beat in the beurre manié and let boil for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low to keep the sauce warm.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, then cut into strips. Precook the potatoes by frying them in 2 batches, 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Raise the temperature of the oil to 200°C (400°F), and fry the potatoes a second time, 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with fresh paper towel. Season with pepper.
- Divide the fries, cheese and shredded duck among 4 bowls, then drizzle with sauce, to taste.
*You can also use store-bought fries and follow the manufacturer’s cooking instructions.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.