Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
VARY THE CHEESE:
- Other Quebec cheeses
FOR A TYPICAL FRENCH RACLETTE:
- Cooked ham
- Baby potatoes, cooked and sliced
- Small pickles
- Small pickled onions
FOR A RACLETTE WITH MORE VARIETY:
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Vegetables, blanched (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus)
- Seafood (cooked shrimps, small scallops, etc.)
- Fish (cooked tuna, smoked or marinated salmon, etc.)
- Slices of apple or pear
- Sausages, cooked and sliced (merguez, Italian and Toulouse)
NOT TO FORGET
- Different types of bread
- A few fixings (homemade ketchup, pickles, beets, etc.)
Melt the raclette cheese over your favourite combination of the above ingredients.
1 buttercup squash
15 to 18 slices of prosciutto
Freshly ground pepper
1.Peel and core the squash. Cut flesh into wedges and steam for eight minutes.
2.Let cool, season with pepper and wrap prosciutto around each wedge.
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
15 thin slices Calabrese salami (or other oval-shaped salami)
1. Blanch the asparagus for two minutes in salted boiling water, then plunge into ice water.
2. Drain asparagus and wrap a slice of salami around bundles of a few spears.
3 firm pears
125 ml (1/2 cup) hazelnuts
1 bottle dry white wine
1. Cut each pear in half. Remove pit and cut pear into wedges
2. In a saucepan, boil the wine. Add the pears and hazelnuts, and cook for 12 minutes.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.