Barley risotto with duck confit and peas
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 confit duck legs, store-bought and shredded
375 mL (1½ cup) pearl barley
1.25 L (5 cups) chicken broth
250 mL (1 cup) diced white onion
3 sticks celery, diced
500 mL (2 cups) diced celeriac
45 mL (3 tbsp) oil, or duck fat
375 mL (1½ cups) frozen peas
Salt and pepper
Zest and juice of 1 orange
125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped parsley
60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped celery leaves
45 mL (3 tbsp) oil
- Heat the broth and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the onion, celery and celeriac in the oil with a pinch of salt, about 5 minutes.
- Add the barley and hot broth all at once and cook 20 to 25 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Add the peas and the duck meat, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the gremolata ingredients and serve with the risotto.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.