About 40 minutes
6 to 8 servings
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
6 to 8 figs, halved
6 to 8 slices pancetta
1 red onion, finely chopped
45 mL (3 tbsp) butter
500 mL (2 cups) Arborio rice
250 mL (1 cup) Amarone red wine
4 sprigs fresh thyme + extra sprigs for garnish
2 L (8 cups) hot chicken broth, hot
250 mL (1 cup) grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Dip the cut-side of each fig half into the sugar and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the pancetta slices on the cookie sheet as well. Bake the pancetta for 10 minutes, or until browned and crispy, and the figs for about 15 minutes, or until caramelized. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the onion in the butter with a pinch of salt, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with the red wine and reduce completely, about 8 minutes. Add the thyme.
- Stirring often, add the broth, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan. Divide the risotto among 6 plates and garnish with two fig halves, a slice of pancetta and a sprig of thyme.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.