Blade pot roast with pearl onions and bacon
2 h 35 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
500 ml (2 cups) small pearl onions, peeled
250 ml (1 cup) thick bacon, cut into strips
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1.135 kg (2 1/2 lb.) pot roast
185 ml (3/4 cup) red wine
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) beef stock
5 ml (1 tsp.) herbes de Provence
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on high and fry onions, bacon and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sear meat on all sides.
- Deglaze pan with wine and beef stock.
- Arrange onions, bacon and garlic around the meat.
- Generously sprinkle with herbs and seasoning.
- Cover and roast for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes or until meat comes apart easily.
- Serve immediately and accompany with egg noodles and seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.