Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
500 ml (2 cups) cooked chicken, diced (or small Northern shrimp or crab meat)
2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated into sections
180 ml (3/4 cup) seedless green grapes, halved
60 ml (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
45 ml (3 tbsp.) sliced almonds, toasted
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
A few salad leaves of your choice
80 ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
Salt and ground black pepper
2 green onions, minced
250 ml (1 cup) plain yogurt or mayonnaise
1 kiwi, finely diced
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients except the diced kiwi. Stir.
- Add the kiwi. Stir and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, place all the ingredients except the lettuce. Toss gently.
- Top with the vinaigrette.
- Toss again and set aside for a few minutes.
- Serve salad over a few lettuce leaves.
For a lighter salad, do not include the chicken, shrimp or crab.
Tip: Toast the almonds over medium-high heat, lightly shaking the skillet throughout the process. When the almonds are well browned, quickly remove them from the skillet. There’s a thin line between “toasted” and “burnt”!
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.