Cole slaw with green apple
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
60 ml (4 tbsp.) distilled white vinegar
60 ml (4 c. à table) granulated sugar
5 ml (1 tsp.) sea salt
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) freshly ground white pepper
500 g (1 lb.) green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, shredded
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 bouquet of parsley, chopped
3 ml (3/4 tsp.) sea salt
Freshly ground white pepper (to taste)
1 apple, Granny Smith, not peeled
- In a bowl, mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients.
- With a whisk, whip until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients, except the salt, pepper and the apple.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Toss 3 or 4 times during refrigeration.
- Before serving, cut the apple in thin julienne and add to the salad. Toss well.
- Serve chilled as a side dish for sandwiches or cold meat.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.