Colourful salad and crispy pancetta
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
225 g (1/2 lb.) pancetta, thinly sliced
3 tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cucumber, cubed
1 yellow pepper, cut into small cubes
3 green onions, finely chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) capers, drained
1 garlic clove, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
15 ml (1 tbsp.) oregano, chopped
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) lemon juice
45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
2 cans of chunk light tuna, each 170 g (6 oz.) , drained
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Lay the sliced pancetta on a cooking plate (do not stack).
- Reduce heat to medium-low, put the cooking plate on the barbecue and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy.
- Set aside on paper towel.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently so as not to break up the tuna too much.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mix- ture amongst 4 plates.
- Garnish with the crispy pancetta.
- Serve with slices of crusty bread.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.