BLT sandwich (pancetta, arugula, tomato)
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 trays of 300 g (10 oz) of grape tomatoes
60 ml (4 tbsp.) extra-virgin olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) sea salt
15 ml (1 tbsp.) granulated sugar
7 ml (1/2 tbsp.) fresh rosemary, stems removed, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
150 g (5 oz.) pancetta, thinly sliced
60 ml (4 tbsp.) mayonnaise
15 ml (1 tbsp.) pesto
8 slices of Belgian country-style bread
1 garlic clove, peeled, cut in half, degermed
40 g (1 1/2 oz.) arugula
- Preheat the oven to 80°C (175°F).
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Brush the tomatoes with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, sugar and rosemary; add some ground pepper.
- Stir and season the tomatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before the end of the tomatoes’ cooking time, place the slices of pancetta on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to warm for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and pesto.
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster. Rub each slice of bread with the cut side of garlic.
- Spread some pesto mayonnaise on the slices of bread.
- Make the sandwich, layering first some arugula, then the dried tomatoes and finally the pancetta.
- Top with a slice of bread.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.