Asian soup with Chinese ravioli
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
25 ml (1 tbsp. + 2 tsp.) toasted sesame oil
180 ml (3/4 cup) shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh ginger, finely chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) green onion, finely chopped
250 g (1/2 lb.) lean ground pork
15 ml (1 tsp.) fish sauce
1 egg, beaten
Freshly ground black pepper
2 L (8 cups) chicken broth
A few strips of fresh ginger
2 or 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
36 won ton wrappers, thawed
125 ml (1/2 cup) green onion, thinly sliced
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and chopped ginger.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the green onion and stir.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground pork, fish sauce, egg, mushroom mix and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In a large cooking pot, place the chicken broth, ginger strips and garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Place a won ton wrapper on the countertop. Moisten the edge with a bit of water.
- Place about 5 ml (1 tsp.) of pork stuffing on the centre.
- Fold the dough into a triangle.
- Seal the edge, pressing with your fingers.
- Moisten the two opposite pointy ends and fold them together towards the centre.
- Repeat the previous steps until all the stuffing is used.
- Set 16 ravioli aside and freeze the rest for future use.
- Bring the broth to a boil again.
- Add the ravioli and the green onion.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with soy sauce.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.