Guinea fowl supremes with cider
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp.) shallot, finely chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried savory
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) cider
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
4 guinea fowl supremes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a saucepan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter over medium heat.
- Sweat the shallot, without browning, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until almost no liquid remains.
- Add the cider and savory. Reduce for about 20 minutes or until the cider has reduced by two-thirds.
- Add the cream and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the maple syrup. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the supremes with salt and pepper and then sear for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Top with sauce or serve the sauce in a gravy boat.
- Serve with fresh pasta and your choice of vegetable.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.