Chorizo and manchego tapas
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
1 dried shallot, finely chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) chorizo sausage, cut into small cubes
225 g (1/2 lb.) ground meat (beef or veal)
5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh oregano, finely chopped
15-30 ml (1-2 tbsp.) tomato paste
450 g (1 lb.) short pastry (for pies), homemade or store-bought
All-purpose flour, as needed
125 g (4 1/2 oz.) Manchego cheese, cut into 1 cm (1/2 in.) cubes
6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sweat the shallot along with the chorizo for 1 minute.
- Add the ground meat and brown until meat is cooked through (remove excess liquid as needed).
- Remove from heat and add the oregano and tomato paste. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Roll pastry into 1/2 cm (1/4 in.) circles, thick enough to line the inside of a small greased and floured muffin tin.
- Fill each pastry shell with meat stuffing.
- Press a cube of Manchego cheese into the meat stuffing, then top with half a cherry tomato.
- Bake in oven on the bottom rack for 17 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Serve hot or warm.
You can use strong cheddar or Emmenthal instead of Manchego cheese.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.