Tomato-cheese pie with thyme
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 to 3 ripe red tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 pie shell of 20 cm (8 in.)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
250 ml (1 cup) grated Emmental cheese
125 ml (1/2 cup) grated strong cheddar
1 onion, very thinly sliced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the tomato slices on a clean cloth spread on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate, and leave to drain for at least six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Brush the bottom of the pie shell with mustard and prick all over with a fork to prevent puffing during baking.
- Bake the pie shell for eight minutes.
- In order, layer into the pie shell both cheeses, the onions, the thyme and finally the tomatoes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve accompanied by fine charcuteries.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.