Grilled chicken, avocado and grilled red pepper tartine
10 to 12 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
185 ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into 4 fillets
2 ripe, firm avocados
60 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 4
125 ml (1/2 cup) barbecue sauce
4 slices of country-style bread
4 slices of jalapeno cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp.) oil
- Preheat the barbecue.
- In a bowl, using a whisk, beat 2/3 of the oil with the lemon juice (keep aside 15 ml [ tbsp.] of juice).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Stir to coat the meat well.
- Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in 2 and remove the pit.
- With a spoon, remove the flesh gently.
- Cut into 5 to 6 mm (1/4 in.) slices. Place in a dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Grill the red pepper. Remove the skin and cut into strips. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, brushing with barbecue sauce during the cooking.
- Toast the slices of bread on the barbecue grill.
- Remove the bread from the barbecue.
- Spread some mayonnaise mix on each toast.
- Arrange the avocado slices on the mayonnaise.
- Add one chicken fillet.
- Garnish with the grilled pepper and cheese.
- Turn off the barbecue.
- Place the garnished slices of bread on the grill and close the lid.
- Heat for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with a dash of olive oil.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.