Artichoke and Gruyère dip
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
180 ml (3/4 cup) frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
250 ml (1 cup) cream cheese, coarsely chopped
250 ml (1 cup) sour cream
180 ml (3/4 cup) Parmesan, grated
1 can, 400 ml (14 oz.), artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 ml (1 cup) Gruyère, grated
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic cloves.
- Warning: the oil must not be too hot; as small bubbles appear around the garlic cloves, adjust the heat to maintain that level of cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally or until the garlic cloves brown slightly and become tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Crush the garlic cloves with a garlic press. Reserve the oil.
- The garlic oil may be used in various preparations.
- In a large frying pan, heat 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of the garlic oil over medium heat.
- Sweat the onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream cheese.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the sour cream, the caramelized garlic, the Parmesan, artichoke hearts and Dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the dip in a large microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with the Gruyère.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Stir.
- Serve hot with corn chips.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.