Crusty veggie burger
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
540 ml (19 oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
80 ml (1/3 cup) grated carrots
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
30 ml (2 tbsp.) green onion, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh oregano, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 egg, beaten
125 ml (1/2 cup) bread crumbs
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
250 ml (1 cup) corn chips, crushed
4 hamburger buns
Your favourite toppings: sliced avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, etc.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Purée the beans using a food processor. Pour into a bowl.
- Add the next 7 ingredients to the beans. Season to taste.
- Divide the mixture in 4 and shape into patties.
- Put the patties in the crushed chips and cover them well.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and put them in the oven.
- Cook the burgers 10 to 12 minutes, turning them only once.
- Heat the buns then add a patty and your favourite garnishes.
If the patties are too soft and sticky, use more bread crumbs.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.