Caramelized pear verrines with ice cider and vanilla yogourt
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
2 pears, cut into small cubes
80 ml (1/3 cup) brown sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) ice cider
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) nutmeg
180 ml (3/4 cup) granola cereal with almonds
80 ml (1/3 cup) pecans, cut in half
500 ml (2 cups) vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt half of the butter and sauté the pear cubes for 1 to 2 minutes to lightly soften them. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter with the brown sugar, ice cider and nutmeg.
- Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the pear cubes and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Spread the cereal and pecans out on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, let cool and grind up in a food processor or with a knife.
- In each of the 4 verrine dishes, place 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of granola cereal.
- Cover with a quarter of the yogurt and garnish with a quarter of the pear preparation.
- Decorate with the remaining cereal.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.