Roast beef au jus
1 h 50 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) herbes de Provence
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) black pepper, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
1 sirloin roast, about 1.36 kg (3 lb.)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) carrots, sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, coarsely chopped
80 ml (1/3 cup) leek, sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) celery, coarsely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
160 ml (2/3 cup) dry red wine
250 ml (1 cup) beef bouillon
- In a bowl, mix together the herbes de Provence, oil, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Spread the preparation evenly all over the roast. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In an ovenproof skillet or pan, melt the butter and sauté the carrots, onions, leek and celery.
- Add the flour and continue cooking, stirring, for one minute.
- Deglaze with the wine and let reduce by half.
- Add the beef bouillon.
- Place the roast in the centre of the skillet.
- Cook in the oven for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast reads 64°C (148 °F) for medium-rare.
- Remove the meat from the oven, transfer it to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, strain the cooking juices into a saucepan and keep hot. Adjust seasoning.
- Slice the roast and drizzle with the cooking juices.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.