Pear, leek and emmenthal pie
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
3 leek whites, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 pears, cut into cubes about 1 cm (1/2 in.) each
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
80 ml (1/3 cup) sliced almonds
Ground black pepper
4 pie shells, 15 cm (6 in.) in diameter
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) cooked ham, cut into cubes
250 ml (1 cup) 35% M.F. cooking cream
130 g (4 1/2 oz.) Emmenthal cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large pan, heat the butter over medium heat and sweat the leeks and garlic for 2 minutes (without browning).
- Add the pears and thyme, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with white wine and let reduce until almost dry.
- Add the almonds and season with pepper.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Precook the pie shells for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Divide the leek preparation and ham cubes into the precooked pie shells.
- Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of cream into each pie.
- Garnish with a few slices of Emmenthal.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a green salad.
You can use the same quantity of ingredients with a 25 cm (10 in.) diameter pie shell.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.