Mazzei Fonterutoli Chianti Classico 2013
“Hard to find better at this price point. In a sensual and super inviting style, it mixes accents of ripe black fruits, a bit like candy, to woody notes. A wine with a complex mouth that will brighten up your tête-à-tête.”
- Philippe Lapeyrie.
- Filet mignon with red-wine risotto
- Braised veal cheeks with mushrrom and Parmesan
- Flank steak à la bordelaise
- Bison steak with apple cider
Designation of originChianti Classico
Regulated designationDenominazione di origine controllata e garantita (DOCG)
ProducerMarchesi Mazzei SPA
Sangiovese 100 %
Degree of alcohol12.5 %
Sugar content2.4 g/L
Type of bottle closureCork
Type of containerColoured glass container
Vintage tasted: 2011
Cherry-red in colour, this red boasts a medium nose exuding woody, spicy, floral and fruity aromas. Discover this medium-bodied wine expressing refreshing acidity and offering a broad texture and fleshy tannins. It also unveils a medium mouthfeel that leads into a medium finish.
Drink now or keep 9 years following the vintage.
Between: 16°C And: 18°C
Pour into carafe 1 hour before serving
Sugar perception: Dry
Regular price: $25.75
Please create an account and sign in to add products to your favourites.
* SAQ Inspire points are offered to members only and are not valid in SAQ Dépôt stores unless expressly stated otherwise. Clients must be members before completing the transaction, failing which, they will not benefit from the promotional offers. No points or other benefits will be awarded for the transaction once it has been processed. To become a member or learn more, please visit SAQ Inspire.
*Legal note: SAQ.com reduced prices do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.