Lemon confit chicken with olives
4 to 5
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 lemon confit, cut in half
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) long grain rice, cooked
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
500 ml (2 cups) mixed olives (black and green), pitted and chopped
5 ml (1 tsp.) each of paprika, ground cumin and ground ginger
1 whole chicken, approximately 1.35 kg (3 lb.)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
750 ml (3 cups) chicken broth
- Remove the peel from half of the lemon and chop it up.
- Keep the rest of the lemon for later.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped lemon peel along with the rice, parsley and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the olives.
- Add half of the seasoning.
- Stuff the chicken with the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the chicken in a dripping pan.
- Coat the chicken in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic, both lemon halves and rest of the olives.
- Pour the broth in and add the rest of the seasoning.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and cook for another 30 minutes, basting occasionally with juice from the pan.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.