Legend has it that Roland, nephew of legendary Charlemagne king, threw his javelin in the Gironde from a hilltop to prove his strength. Named after this legend, the property located close to Blaye is managed by Bruno Martin and today spans over 29 hectares. The second wine of the estate, this red is aged 12 months in French oak casks. A classic, refined Bordeaux giving away notes of cedar, undergrowth, cassis and tobacco.
- Country France
- Region Bordeaux
- Designation of origin Premières Côtes de Blaye
- Regulated Designation (AOC/AOP) Appellation origine controlée/protégée
- Grape varieties Merlot 70 %, Cabernet sauvignon 20 %, Malbec 10 %
- Degree of alcohol 14 %
- Sugar content 1.6 g/L
- Color Red
- Special feature Organic product
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Château Roland La Garde
- Promoting agent Divin Paradis Inc.
- SAQ code 10388336
- UPC code 03760091910035