Access to information request
Out of a concern for transparency, the Quebec government has implemented the Regulation respecting the distribution of information and the protection of personal information. To comply with the regulation’s requirements, the SAQ makes available a wide range of documents in the Distribution of information section of its website.
Under the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, besides having access to various documents, you have a right of access to the personal information about you and the possibility of having such information corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal or if the collection, release or keeping of the information is not authorized by law.
To request access to such information, you must submit a request in writing to the person in charge of access to information.
Person in charge of access to information
Vice-President Corporate Affairs and Secretary General
7500, Tellier street
Montréal (Québec) H1N 3W5
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 514 864-3642
Telephone : 514 254-6000, ext. 6645
You will find the access request procedure, your rights of recourse and the required fees by consulting the access procedure on the Commission d’accès à l’information website. The site also contains information on protection of personal information and various templates to guide you in preparing your request.
Restrictions and conditions
- Your request must be specific enough to allow the document that interests you to be identified and retrieved. If necessary, the SAQ can assist you in this area.
- The SAQ is not required to create new documents, be it by performing calculations, preparing tables or any other process, in order to fulfill an access request.
- Decisions regarding access to documents and personal information are made in compliance with the restrictions and provisions applicable by law.
- You may ask for the decision of the person responsible to be reviewed by the Commission d’accès à l’information only if the original request for access was written.
- Some documents may be consulted only in our offices during business hours and by appointment.