Franco-Españolas Winery is not only one of the most important estates in Rioja but one on the eldest. With over 125 years of history, this property was host to legends like Hemingway and King Alfonso XIII. Its creation in 1890 coincided with the emergence of «fine Rioja wines», a period where many French producers found a new home in the region after the phylloxera debacle. This French-Spanish collaboration has been in the hands of the Eguizábal family since 1983. The Reserva cuvee, aged 18 months in American casks, is clearly traditional in style and marked by flavours of cedar, plum, dried fruits, mocha and tobacco.
- Country Spain
- Region Vallée de l'Ebre
- Designation of origin Rioja Alta
- Regulated Designation Denominación de origen calificada (DOCa)
- Classification Reserva
- Grape varieties Tempranillo 80 %, Grenache 15 %, Mazuelo 5 %
- Degree of alcohol 13.5 %
- Sugar content 2 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Bodegas Franco-Espanola SA
- Promoting agent Mosaiq Vins et Spiritueux Inc.
- SAQ code 12560620
- UPC code 08410106022509
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.