Biondi Santi Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2006
" The 2006 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva comes across as a bit reticent. It reveals lovely detail and nuance, but without the firmness of many other young vintages. Today the 2006 is quite accessible. I will be surprised if it doesn't start shutting down at some point. Regardless, the 2006 appears to be built more on finesse rather than power. Freshly cut flowers, hard candy and liquorice are layered into the finish."
Aging Potential : Drink now or keep until 2040
WA 95, WS 95, JS 95
- Country Italy
- Region Tuscany
- Designation of origin Brunello di Montalcino
- Regulated Designation Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita (DOCG)
- Grape variety Sangiovese 100 %
- Degree of alcohol 13.76 %
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Franco Biondi Santi
- Promoting agent Vins et spiritueux Breakthru Canada inc.
- SAQ code 14142448
- UPC code 08054187510335