Shafer Hillside Select Stags Leap District 2014
"Very deep inky-purple colored, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Select is incredibly intense and impactful on the nose, revealing notes of crushed black cherries, blackberries and fresh black currants with underlying notions of charcoal, sautéed herbs, black soil, chargrilled meat and pencil lead, plus a waft of violets. Very full-bodied, very rich and wonderfully concentrated, the wall of fruit is well matched by a firm structure of ripe, grainy tannins and plenty of freshness, finishing with great length and depth."
Aging Potential : Drink during the indicated period of maturity 2020-2035
WA 98+, V 97+, JS 97
- Country United States
- Region California, North Coast
- Designation of origin Stags Leap District
- Regulated Designation American Viticultural Areas (AVA)
- Grape variety Cabernet sauvignon 100 %
- Degree of alcohol 15.5 %
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Shafer Vineyards
- Promoting agent La Céleste Vins et Spiritueux Inc.
- SAQ code 14181236
- UPC code 04000141812360