"This is usually my favorite wine from the portfolio, where the balance between aging and youth reaches its highest point. It's developed but it keeps some fruit character, plenty of spices and balsamic aromas. The palate is polished but has some clout, with clean, focused flavors and a long, spicy and tasty finish. This represents good value for the quality it delivers. 150,000 bottles produced. Because they didn't produce 890 in 2009, the grapes for the 890 were in this 904. As a curiosity, they uncorked a 1982, which was superb."
Aging Potential : Drink now or keep until 2032
WA 95+, WS 92
- Country Spain
- Region Vallée de l'Ebre
- Designation of origin Rioja Alta
- Regulated Designation Denominación de origen calificada (DOCa)
- Classification Gran reserva
- Grape varieties Tempranillo 90 %, Graciano 10 %
- Degree of alcohol 12.5 %
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer La Rioja Alta S.A.
- Promoting agent ROY + CO. Sélections Inc.
- SAQ code 14330060
- UPC code 04000143300605