Canalicchio di Sopra Brunello di Montalcino 2015
WA 95, WS 94, V 95
" The 2015 Brunello di Montalcino from Canalicchio di Sopra - Ripaccioli is superb. The nose is dark and mineral-inflected with a blast of crushed raspberry, cherry and darker blackberry fruits wafting up from the glass, as sweet florals, underscored by moist soil and hints of cedar amass. On the palate, silky, almost creamy textures, offset by a stunning mix of salty-minerals and acids with savory herbs, and inner earth tones tempted the senses for another sip. The finish is remarkably long, resonating on minerals and dark fruits, almost balsamic and spicy, as its tannic structure comes forward and reminds me that this Brunello is still just a baby. What a gorgeous expression of Sangiovese.2024-2038."
- Country Italy
- Region Tuscany
- Designation of origin Brunello di Montalcino
- Regulated Designation Denominazione di origine controllata e garantita (DOCG)
- Grape variety Sangiovese 100 %
- Degree of alcohol 14.5 %
- Sugar content 2.8 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Soc. Agr. Canalicchio di Sopra di Ripacc
- Promoting agent Valmonti Inc.
- SAQ code 14646671
- UPC code 08034073432408