Chicken wings with soya, honey and ginger
- 1.5 kg (3 lb) chicken wings (about 12)
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken broth
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 20 ml (4 tsp) ginger, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tips off the chicken wings.
- Cut the wings in half at the joint.
- Pour the honey into a 3 litre (12 cup) cooking pot.
- Heat over medium heat.
- When the honey starts to boil, add the soy sauce.
- Stir and immediately add the chicken broth, garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken wings.
- Turn up the heat to high and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the pot and continue to reduce the sauce over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until it turns syrupy.
- Place the wings in the sauce to heat them up.
- Stir to coat all the wings with sauce.
- Add the pepper and cook until there is almost no sauce left.
- Serve the wings with jasmine rice.