Avocado with nordic shrimp
- 300 g (10 oz) Matane shrimps
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 celery stalk, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Squeeze the shrimp to extract as much water as possible.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Add the red bell pepper, celery, chives, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir gently.
- Refrigerate the preparation for 1 hour so the flavours combine well.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- With a spoon, remove the avocado flesh and cut into 1.5 cm (3/4 in.) dice. Set the peels aside.
- In a bowl, place the diced avocados and sprinkle with lemon juice. Season. Stir gently.
- Add half of the shrimp mix and stir.
- Stuff the avocado peels with the avocado and shrimp mix and garnish with the rest of the shrimp.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer.