Grilled avocados à la provençale
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomatoes, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- 7 ml (1/2 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) French shallot, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper 15 ml
- (1 tbsp) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) fresh Parmesan, grated
- 20 ml (1 heaping tbsp) breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven on broil, with the rack at the highest position.
- In a bowl, place the tomato, garlic, shallot, basil and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Garnish with the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Place the avocados on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve as an appetizer.