Grilled bass with tomato tapenade
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) black olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) dried tomatoes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) pickled capers, drained
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 pieces of 150 g (5 oz) of striped bass fillet with skin (cut from the thickest part of the fillet)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 260°C (500°F)
- In a food processor or a mixer, place all the tapenade ingredients and add 3/4 of the olive oil, keeping the rest.
- Pulse to chop.
- Add a bit of oil if needed (the tapenade must not be too smooth or too liquid).
- Set aside.
- Brush the flesh of the striped bass with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush and oil the barbecue grill. Place the pieces of fish on the grill, skin side up.
- Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a spatula, gently flip the fish.
- Spread a layer of tapenade on each piece.
- Close the barbecue lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Grilled vegetables are perfect with this dish.