Flank steak with shallots
- 675 to 700 g (22 to 23 oz) flank steak, divided into 4 equal portions
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) French shallots, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
- In a dish, marinate the flank steak in red wine. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Drain the meat and brush it with mustard.
- Brown meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Set aside, keeping it hot.
- Remove the fat from the skillet.
- Add a knob of butter. Sweat the shallots without browning them.
- Add the marinade and simmer for a few minutes to reduce it.
- Place the meat on each of four plates, top with the marinade sauce and garnish with parsley.