Flank steak with red wine, peppercorn and cumin
- 625 g (1 1/4 lb) flank steak
- 5 ml (1 tsp) black pepper, cracked
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin seeds, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- In a shallow container, mix the red wine with the oil, maple syrup, mustard and shallot.
- Place the flank steak in the marinade and marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- On a plate, mix the pepper, cumin, parsley and salt.
- Drain any excess liquid from the flank steak and coat with the spices.
- Grill the flank steak 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness, turning over once.
- Serve with baby potatoes and red onions en papillote.