Salmon blanquette mini-casseroles
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) carrot, cut into 5 mm (1/4 in.) slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken broth
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cooking cream
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) white mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 400 g (14 oz) salmon, cut into 2 to 3 cm (1 in.) cubes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a saucepan, heat 30 ml (2 tbsp) of butter over medium heat.
- Sweat the leek and carrot for 2 to 3 minutes. While cooking, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and cream.
- Stir constantly until thickened.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and the remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms.
- Set aside.
- Place the salmon in the mini casseroles.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms.
- Top with the sauce.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or with rice.