Marinated bocconcini on watermelon
- 225 g (1/2 lb) fresh bocconcini cheese, cut into small quarters
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh basil, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh mint, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 watermelon quarter
- A few leaves of lettuce of your choice
- Mix the cheese, olive oil, herbs, and pepper in a bowl.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut the melon into strips.
- Lay out a bit of lettuce on four plates.
- Add the melon strips and garnish with cheese quarters.
- Use the marinade as a dressing and serve immediately.