Ginger bok choy with spicy Rice-Krispies garnish
- 2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 4 to 6 bunches bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely diced fresh coriander
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely diced fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Rice Krispies
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) paprika
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and cook the bacon (without adding butter or oil) until crispy. Transfer bacon to drain on a paper towel, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- In the same skillet, sauté the bok choy with the ginger and garlic. Pour in the maple syrup and soy sauce. Continue cooking for about four minutes until the bok choy is caramelized. Add the butter and stir to coat the bok choy. Remove skillet from the burner and sprinkle with the bacon bits and fresh herbs.
- In a bowl, combine the Rice Krispies with the rest of the garnish ingredients. Season with salt and set aside.
- Just before serving, garnish the bok choy with the spicy Rice Krispies.