Bocconcini and guacamole bites
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) basil pesto
- 24 balls of bocconcini cheese, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 french baguette
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) guacamole
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 24 small basil leaves
- In a vacuum-tight container, mix the oil, pesto and bocconcini
- Season, cover and let marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir a few times in between.
- Cut the bread in slice of 1 cm (1/2 in) and spread guacamole on each piece.
- On each slice of bread, place the cheese, half a tomato and a basil leaf.
- Season and serve on a tray.
If time permits, let the cheese marinate overnight so the flavour of the pesto becomes more pronounced.