Pan-fried scallop bites, mango salsa
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) mango, cut into 1 cm (1/3 in.) dice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato flesh, cut into 1 cm (1/3 in.) dice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) orange bell pepper, cut into 1 cm (1/3 in.) dice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) grape seed oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fish sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper
- Sea salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 12 U12-size scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients. Stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour for the flavours to combine well.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and butter over high heat.
- Season the scallops on one side only.
- Cook unilaterally, seasoned side down, for 3 to 4 minutes (the top part should remain translucent).
- Place each scallop individually on a won ton spoon (or a tablespoon), grilled side up.
- Garnish with salsa.
- Serve immediately.