- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 fennel bulb, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
750 ml (3 cups) fish stock (or clam juice or fish-based juice)
250 ml (1 cup) white wine
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) diced tomatoes
1 package of saffron
625 g (1 1/4 lb) firm-fleshed fish (cod, haddock, etc.), diced
12 shrimps, 21/25 or 15/18 count
300 g (10 1/2 oz) fresh or canned lobster meat
60 ml (4 tbsp) parsley, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper
- In a very large saucepan, heat the oil and sweat the fennel and garlic.
- Add the fish stock, white wine, tomatoes and saffron.
- Season and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallops and shrimp. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the lobster meat and parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stir and serve.
- Serve with croutons, rouille and garlic mayonnaise.