Barbecued lamb brochettes with lemon and garlic
- 10 ml (2 tsp) zest of lemon, grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) herbes de Provence
- 600 g (1 1/4 lb) leg of lamb, cut into 3 cm (1 1/4 in.) cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the zest and the lemon juice, the olive oil, garlic, mint, cumin, Espelette pepper and herbes de Provence.
- In a gratin dish, place the cubed lamb and top with the marinade.
- Stir to thoroughly coat the meat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, stirring once after 1 hour.
- If using wooden brochettes, soak them in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat (about 230°C or 450°F).
- Remove the cubed lamb from the marinade, making sure to remove all the garlic slices.
- Skewer the cubes of meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- For medium-rare doneness, cook the brochettes about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve thebrochettes with grilled vegetables or just a salad.