Bulle de Neige pork-cutlet brochettes
- 4 Quebec pork cutlets
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 500 ml (2 cups) Bulle de Neige sparkling cider
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) roasted hazelnuts, crushed (optional)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut the pork cutlets into thin strips.
- In a deep container, use a hand mixer to purée the apple. Add the pork, 45 ml (3 tbsp) of sparkling cider and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, add 30 ml (2 tbsp) of butter and brown the shallot, 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Pour in the remaining sparkling cider and let reduce over low heat until syrupy. Set aside.
- Thread the pork slices onto wooden skewers, accordion-style.
- In a hot skillet with the remaining butter, sear the meat, 2 minutes per side. Serve hot, drizzled with sparkling cider reduction. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts, if desired.