Brochettes of filet mignon, tomatoes and halloumi
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) freshly crushed black pepper (mignonette)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 ml (1 1/2 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 8 small Italian tomatoes or 8 big cherry tomatoes
- 500 g (1 lb) filet mignon, cut into 3.5 cm (1 1/2 in.) cubes
- 8 pieces of halloumi cheese, 3-4 cm (1 1/2 in.) long and 1.5 cm (3/4 in.) thick
- Beforehand, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- In a non-corrosive dish, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Onto each skewer, successively thread one tomato, one beef cube, one piece of cheese, one beef cube, and finish with one tomato.
- Place the skewers in the marinade and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 12 hours, turning the skewers over repeatedly.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- Remove the skewers from the marinade and lightly pat them dry with paper towel.
- Grill, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for rare doneness.
- Serve with a salad.