Brochettes of grilled pork and peaches
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) honey
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Espelette pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) pork tenderloin, cut into 24 cubes of 2-3 cm (1 in.)
- 4 peaches, pitted and cut into 6 wedges (24 wedges in total)
- 12 bacon slices, cut in half
- Soak 8 wooden skewers for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to 200°C (400°F) or to medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine one pork cube and one peach wedge, wrap with half a slice of bacon, and slide onto a skewer.
- Repeat the previous steps until all ingredients are used (3 stacks per brochette).
- Grill the skewers, covered, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the skewers over and brush with sauce.
- Cook for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Turn the skewers over again and brush.
- Turn off the flames and let cook for about 5 minutes, turning over and brushing twice.
- Serve with a vegetable couscous salad.