Chicken skewers with tequila and lime
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tequila
- 4 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into 3 to 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 3 to 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) square pieces
- 2 limes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken cubes.
- Stir well, cover and marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Assemble the skewers, alternating chicken and red bell pepper.
- Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Cut the limes into 2.
- Grill lightly, flesh side down.
- Sprinkle the skewers with coriander.
- Serve on a bed of rice with half a grilled lime.
- You may serve with an avocado and tomato salad.