The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Bison burgers with blue cheese
12 to 14 minutes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) HP sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chives, thinly sliced
- 600 g (1 1/4 lb) extra-lean ground bison
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 10 ml (2 tsp) dried tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of blue cheese, about 1 cm (3/8 in.) each
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, about the same size as the patties (remove the black part)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 sesame buns
- A few leaves of frisée lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- In a bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients, Stir and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all the patty ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Shape 4 thin patties with half of the meat.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in the centre of each patty. Shape 4 patties with the rest of the meat and place one on each of the first four.
- Seal well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to 190°C (550°F) or to maximum heat.
- Flour the onion rings.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Fry the onion rings until nicely browned.
- Set aside.
- Cover and grill the patties for 6 to 7 minutes on each side for well-done.
- Brush the portobello caps with olive oil.
- About 3 minutes after turning the patties over, place the mushrooms on the grill.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking, grill the buns lightly.
- Spread some sauce on the inside of the buns. Place the lettuce leaves and slices of tomato on the lower part of the buns.
- Add in order the patties, mushrooms and fried onions.
- Close the buns.
- Serve with homemade fries.