Deer burgers with barbecue sauce and Quebec cheese
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) ketchup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) HP sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 600 g (1 ¼ lb) extra lean ground deer
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) green onion, finely chopped (green part only)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh rosemary, finely chopped (leaves only)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Migneron cheese, no rind (or any other semi-firm cheese)
- 4 poppy seed Kaiser buns
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- In a pan, combine all sauce ingredients and mix over medium heat.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- Preheat BBQ at maximum intensity (290°C - 550°F).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the patties.
- Mix until the texture is homogenous.
- Make 4 equal patties and set aside.
- Place patties on the grill and cover.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes each side.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place cheese slices on patties and grill buns.
- Garnish bottom bun with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Place patties on garnished bottom buns.
- Add barbecue sauce and close burgers.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by coleslaw, for example.