Asian spicy pork burgers
- 600 g (1 1/4 lb) lean ground pork
- 25 ml (5 tsp) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 20 ml (4 tsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) creamy peanut butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dark soy sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sambal oelek
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sweet chili sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) toasted sesame oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 poppy seed kaiser rolls
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or to maximum heat.
- In a bowl, mix together all the patty ingredients until combined.
- Shape the patties and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill the patties, covered, for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until well done.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix together the cabbage, chili sauce, sesame oil, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Set aside.
- During the last minute of cooking, lightly grill the rolls.
- Spread some sauce on both interior sides of the rolls.
- Place the patties on the bottom half of the rolls. Garnish with the cabbage mixture and close the rolls.
- Serve immediately with a mango salad.